Pilot Store General

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Six and Seven - Same Old & Dreams

So I had a dream last night. You know you have a lot on your mind when you start to dream about it. I dreamt that even though I knew how to fly a plane I had so much trouble flying it I could barely get it it above 1200 feet lol. It's weird because before this all started I used to have dreams that I could fly and then I couldn't do it anymore (without an airplane) and since I started school these dreams stopped (of course). I was reading about the FAA Examination on webster dictionary online and I read this should help me and everyone taking a check flight.

The FAA does not expect perfection during a check flight; what they are looking for is immediate correction.

Angle of turns are allowed 10 degrees of error

Airspeed is allowed 100 Feet of Error in each direction

All FAA inspectors have taken theses tests before at one point in their life

One of the primary jobs of FAA inspectors is to shake off your nervousness so that your true cababilities and talent can come out.

So from this if you still can't pass the Flight Check I don't really thing you should fly when I think about it. What they look for is very basic; something that should be obtained before you even go solo anyway. I mean I would agree if I couldn't accomplish these tasks I shouldn't be allowed to fly either! So I will simply have to practive and keep it second nature; and turn my focus to the oral -because in all honest they written is just memorization, the flight is you have it or you don't and the oral is what definantly is the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MPS